Sunday, February 15, 2015

Usability Week 5

This week was interesting in my usability class. I had to conduct a usability study on the Papa John's ordering website. It was interesting but I have had a number of challenges that I am still having issues with. First off it was difficult to get someone to sit down and take time to run the study for me. Finally I was able to get one of my friends to assist me. The first attempt I did went off very well and I was able to complete the session smoothly and get my data. Then I realized after I completed it that I didn't do a screen capture of the session.

Upon trying to do a second session with screen capture we found the site down for maintenance and upon checking on it every half hour, I have found the site still not working properly. I am still waiting to get it to work properly. I unfortunately don't have time anymore to run another session with my participant so my plan is to use to audio recording I have of the complete session to guide a screenshot capture. Basically create a visual for the audio I have. Luckily my participant did very well at describing his methods that I can do this. In a real life scenario I would just use the data that was available to me and not try to recreate a visual file, but due to the fact these visual files are needed for next week I will make sure there is a file to work off of. This task has been a lot more frustrating than I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.