This week we had to set up a usability study with the help of a site called Loop 11. This was my first time using Loop and I found some things very frustrating about the program. Other than the obvious issues that occurred, some other things that really frustrated me about the program. First of all there was absolutely no ability to edit the study once published. I feel like this is a huge over-site especially for first time users. It would be nice to have the opportunity to change questions or orders of sets after publication. It would also be nice to have a better format for demographic questions, and post test questions instead of clumping everything together. I was also thinking it would be nice to have some pre-made demographic questionnaires such as gender or age that can be easily popped into any experiment. These questions are used a lot and so it would be nice to not have everyone spend the time creating them.
In the end my experiment that I created is not working 100% and it is very frustrating for me to experience this after spending a lot of time trying to figure out the system in the first place. While Loop 11 is a great idea, I think they need a lot more functionality work done before I feel that they can be reliable. I will probably have to redo my assignment, which makes this whole experience that much more annoying. :-/
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.